- Each day, Human Sexuality issues are discussed in broadcast and print media (internet, radio, magazines, etc.). Students will submit a summary of a current (within the last 3 months) and/or newsworthy issue related to human sexuality and include the following:
- If the issue has great or little impact on college students
- Discuss your personal opinion about the issue
- Explain how the topic/issue relates to human sexuality by incorporating a brief discussion of at least two concepts that are discussed in the course textbook (i.e., gender roles, love and communication, sexuality, etc.). Underline in your paper the two concepts that are discussed in the course textbook
- Please provide a citation of your media article. Your citation/references should be on a separate page, and in APA style. No other citations are required, however if you cite another source, please include it in your references.
- Length: Typed, 500 – 750 words (minimum and maximum, not including a reference list),
- The use of American Psychological Association (APA) Reference style (including the use of in-text citations and a reference list) is required.
- You do not need to include a title page or an abstract for this paper.
- The paper must be electronically submitted to the Beachboard drop box on or before the due date and class time for it to not be considered late.
- Critically analyze human sexuality as it is presented in the media
- Use electronic data bases to find articles
- Read professional writing, recognize valid research and understand the results.
- Practice using good writing techniques to support a thesis
Current Media Reaction Paper
|Thoroughness of summary.||5||4||3||1||0|
|Extent to which the writer explained how the topic/issue relates to human sexuality. Writer incorporated and underlined concept # 1.||10||8||6||4||0|
|Extent to which the writer explained how the topic/issue relates to human sexuality. Writer incorporated and underlined concept # 2.||10||8||6||4||0|
|Extent to which the writer discussed the impact of the topic/issue on college students.||5||4||3||1||0|
|Extent to which the writer explained their reaction to the topic/issue.||5||4||3||1||0|
|500 -750 words (in range/out of range)||5||0|
|Provided a citation of the news article.||2||0|
|The news article was dated within the last 3 months||3||0|
|Grammar, spelling, syntax, cohesiveness.||5||4||3||1||0|